10. We’re cool. A cooler climate produces fabulous wines layered with flavors and florals, fruit and fragrances that delights the nose and awaken the palette.
9. We’re still in boots and not in suits. Visit our wineries and chances are you’ll meet the owners who work the land, grow the vines and make the wines.
8. We’re wild about our wines. You can hear the excitement in our voices and see it in our eyes–we know our wines and we welcome you in our tasting rooms, eager to share our wines with you.
7. We’re distinguished. Our wines are hailed as the top 100 wines in the world, honored by presidents and prime ministers, and loved by locals.
6. We’re green. See solar-powered wineries, tour organic vineyards, and learn about our environmental approach to growing vines and making wines.
5. We’re unhurried and uncrowded. Take your time meandering through Oregon’s picturesque countryside, following foothills and valleys, along rivers and pastures and rolling vineyards where deer and wild turkeys play.
4. We’re boutique and we’re chic. Sample small production lots of artisan wines offered in cozy tasting rooms, or enjoy the world class elegance of regal estates, in any case, the wines and views are stunning!
3. It’s the journey and the destination. Whether you’re coming or going, or never been here before,our wineries and winemakers, our tasting rooms and our vineyards are always an adventure, a great ride, and a great experience.
2. We’re fun. We may be serious about our wines, and some of us may be good-lookin’ but there’s nothin’ snooty about us.
And the Number One reason to visit the wineries of the South Willamette Valley……. Read the rest of this entry »